The Director General of the Centre for Social Sciences is inviting applications to fill the position of Project Researcher in the V-SHIFT MOMENTUM Research Project (The new political economy of the Visegrád countries between East and West).
- Scientific management tasks related to the V-SHIFT MOMENTUM Research project
- Collection of data and development of databases related to public policies in the Visegrad countries
- Analysis of public policy agendas based on the methodology of the international Comparative Agendas Project.
- Consultation with partner institutions
- Support for the preparation and organization of international conferences and workshops, participation in conferences
- Participation in the writing of research papers
- FDI originating from the V4 region
- FDI targeting the V4 region
- The investment strategies of regional governments
- The changes in the integration into European and global financial markets
- The wartime fiscal, monetary, and development policies of V4 countries
- An ongoing, completed, or planned Ph.D. in political science or other social sciences or data science. In the case of planned PhD studies, completed BA and completed or ongoing MA-level studies are a requirement
- High-level academic language skills in one of the V4 languages (Czech, Hungarian, Slovakian, or Polish) as well as in English
- No criminal record, legal capacity
- In the case of a university education level certified by a foreign certificate or diploma, the existence of a recognition or naturalization procedure under The Act C of 2001
- Python and/or R programming skills
- Background in Economics and/or Finance
- Demonstrated high levels of English academic language skills
- High-level language skills in an additional V4 language
- Advanced quantitative or qualitative methodological skills
- Published publications in high impact factor or Q1 Scimago rank journals
The application must include
- Your CV and list of publications, if any
- A copy of the certificate attesting to your qualifications
- A copy of the certificate attesting to your language skills
- A cover letter in English (1 page)
- A declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the application file in connection with the application procedure (a model declaration can be downloaded from https://tk.mta.hu/adatvedelem).
Centre for Social Sciences, Artificial Intelligence National Laboratory, 4 Tóth Kálmán Street, 1097 Budapest
The application process will be evaluated based on your application materials and an interview. The interview can be conducted in-person or in online form.
Please indicate your salary requirements when applying.
Applications can be sent via email to Laura Seben at the following e-mail address: email@example.com. (please include in the subject line of the letter the following: POLECON/TK V-SHIFT/2023) OR you can use Easy Apply on LinkedIn.
The position will be filled with a 20h/week contract for 1 year, with a four-month probationary period, and is renewable depending on performance and funding.
The administration of the application process involves the processing of specified personal data of the applicant. The rules on data processing at the Centre for Social Sciences, including detailed information on data processing in the context of the application procedure, are available at https://tk.mta.hu/adatvedelem.
All application materials received (except the successful application) will be destroyed or, if the applicant explicitly requests it, kept for 1 year for possible future vacancies.
For further information on the post please contact Laura Seben at firstname.lastname@example.org.